Thursday, 27 June 2013

Module 8: Managing your flow of information on the Internet

The focus of this module was to explore the applications for RSS feeds. It obvious that this platform is time efficient. It cuts down the need to revisit older, but still popular and relevant websites, by sending the information to you rather than searching it out yourself. The module focused solely on the Google Reader application and while the clips and written information were comprehensive and easy to follow. I found it redundant as the Google Reader platform will not be functional as of 1 July 2013. The new learning in this module did however inspire me to explore the finer details of my class blog and look for options to include RSS feeds. There are many information based sites aimed at primary school students that can be linked via and RSS. I found the following link to share an interesting array of student friendly resources and ideas for the classroom. I will investigate other RSS readers that are available and see how they will best support my classroom teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment